After the cancellation of Prolight + Sound due to the coronavirus, the industry will meet in the digital space on 13 April 2021: the leading trade fair for entertainment technology will launch the new streaming format “BIZLounge”, which will highlight the crisis-ridden segment’s burning issues and present scenarios for an economically viable future. Numerous international industry associations will participate in the all-day programme. It will be held entirely in English, thus being aimed at professionals from all parts of the world.
How can events be held safely and profitably in times of Covid-19? What is the European orientation of the sustainable events industry in the future? What are the implications of the current Brexit regulations for the event industry? And how are leading educational institutions addressing the evolving expectations of students and businesses? These and other questions will be addressed by industry experts at the Prolight + Sound BIZLounge in prominent round tables followed by Q&A sessions. In addition, representatives of theatre technology societies will speak about the new Ecodesign Directive and its consequences for the use of lighting solutions at events. Also part of the programme is the presentation of two renowned industry awards, “Opus – German Stage Award” and “Sinus – Systems Integration Award”.
“The international event industry stands united. It has used the long phase of lockdown to proactively develop concepts for the resumption of event operations and, even in times of crisis, has maintained undiminished its commitment to technological innovation, sustainability and an outstanding level of training. This is the signal we would like to send out to the world at Prolight + Sound BIZLounge. We are proud of the high-quality programme we have prepared together with our partners and we invite all industry players to take part via live stream and join the discussion”, says Mira Wölfel, Director Prolight + Sound.
The Prolight + Sound BIZLounge is aimed at suppliers and users of technological solutions, event managers in companies and agencies, as well as students and trainees in the event industry.
Registration is free of charge at www.prolight-sound.com/BIZLounge.
Programme and speakers of the Prolight + Sound BIZLounge at a glance:
10:00 Restart: Current Prospects for the Event Industry
- Marten Pauls, Infection Protection and Hygiene Commissioner, BDKV – Federal Association of the Concert and Event Industry
- Timo Feuerbach, Managing Director, EVVC – European Association of Event Centres
- MertenWagnitz, Treasurer, i.s.d.v. – Community of Interest for Self-Employed Service Providers in the Event Industry
- Betty Heywood, Director of International Affairs, NAMM – National Association of Music Merchants
- Sven Hansen, 1. Vice Chairman, BVVS – Federal Association for Event Safety
- Eric Kant, Owner of Phase 01 Crowd Management
11:00 Brexit: What to know, what to do
- Randell Greenlee: Director Policy and International Relations, VPLT – The German Entertainment Technology Association
- Anita Debaere, Director, PEARLE – Live Performance Europe
- Peter Heath, Managing Director, PLASA – The Professional Lighting and Sound Association
12:00 What is the European orientation of the sustainable events industry?
- Markus Große Ophoff, Member of the Executive Board, EVVC
- Further participants tba
13:00 European Legislation: the Event Industry and the Future of Lighting
- Christian Allabauer, Member of the Executive Board, OETHG – Austrian Theatre Technical Society
- Hans-Joachim Rau, Member of the Executive Board, DTHG –German Theatre Technical Society
14:00 No Future? Academic Education in Uncertain Times.
- Thomas Sakschewski, Beuth University of Applied Sciences, Berlin
- Dr. Roland Greule,HAW – Hamburg University of Applied Sciences
- Dr. Arno Gramatke,TH Mittelhessen University of Applied Sciences, Giessen
- Randell Greenlee, VPLT
15:00 Award Ceremony Opus/Sinus
- Winning project „Opus – German Stage Award“: Rigoletto, SeebühneBregenz
- Winning project „Sinus – Systems Integration Awards“: Osram World of Lights
The next Prolight + Sound will open its doors from 26 to 29 April 2022.