The Q118SA is a newly designed, extremely powerful subwoofer, capable of delivering extremely high SPL and guaranteeing significant low frequency extension. The optimisation of the woofer load volume and vented port tube with BEM finite element simulation, and the careful development of the grille and the protective fabric to minimise acoustic impedance, has led to a net improvement in performances as compared with previous models. Equipped with an high excursion ceramic B&C woofer with 100mm ventilated coil, it has negligible power compression, ensuring maximum acoustic pressure even after hours of continuous use.
The supplied 1200W RMS class D amplifier with switching power is equipped with a digital signal processor with entirely new algorithms.
Equipped with 6 presets, each of which is not only associated with a different equalisation – to tailor the subwoofer response to various usage conditions – but also with different dynamic processor calibration to extend the maximum acoustic pressure to very high levels, with no deterioration of the original signal. This ensures absolute configurability of the sound obtained, great flexibility of use and above all an impressive SPL/size ratio.
The 18mm birch plywood cabinet is equipped with 4 aluminium handles and two M20 stand supports, suitable for use on either the short or the long side. It is compatible with MITUS 206 and MUSE 210 systems in ground-stacked configuration, and is designed to allow 4 optional 100mm wheels to be fitted. An exceptionally powerful and versatile subwoofer that can be combined with a wide range of FBT speakers.
The presets include:
– ORIGINAL: general preset, suitable for the majority of uses. Low pass filter is set at 95Hz, peak limiter is adjusted for getting the perfect balance between high SPL and low distortion
– DEEP: this preset extends and boosts subwoofer low range to approx. 40Hz. Low pass filter is set at 95Hz, peak limiter is extremely fast and guarantees to remove almost completely the distortion due to amplifier clipping. This necessarily causes little reduction in maximum SPL. Generally recommended for applications requiring extremely pure sound and maximum low frequency extension.
– PUNCH: Preset providing maximum power concentration in the 60 – 95Hz frequency range. Perfect for rock music and high power applications. Distortion is slightly higher, since it is less limited by the peak limiter, while sound pressure level increases. Low pass filter is set at 95Hz.
– INFRA: Similar to DEEP as for the extension and absence of distortion. It differs for low pass filter setting at 75Hz. This allows for ground-stacked use of the subwoofer in applications featuring also a flying subwoofer. Thanks to the all pass filter for phase alignment, the frequency overlap in the 50Hz – 75Hz range for the two subwoofers is perfectly in phase.
– CARDIOID REAR ORIGINAL 1 FRONT: preset to be used in systems with two subwoofers; select the ORIGINAL preset on the speaker oriented toward the audience.
– CARDIOID REAR ORIGINAL 2 FRONT: preset to be used in systems with three subwoofers; select the ORIGINAL preset on the two speakers oriented toward the audience.
Processed Active Subwoofer
• 18″ woofer with 4″ voice coil
• 1200W RMS Class D power amplifier with switch mode power supply
• DSP with 6 presets, digital 6 step Delay
• Control panel with: 3 status led indicators, Phase, Level, Preset, Delay, stereo XLR in/link, Power supply with powerCON TRUE1 cable duplex with input and output
• 0,70″ baltic birch plywood cabinet with scratch and scuff resistant paint finish
• 2 M20 top mount speaker stand socket, 4 aluminum carrying handles, optional wheels
• NeutrikSpeakon NL4MD-V connectors IN & OUT
• External digital processor required: FBT DLM26
• Digital Loudspeaker Management