Elation Professional announced at the recent LDI trade show in Las Vegas a distribution agreement with High End Systems that allows the company to distribute the HES HedgeHog 4 in North and South America, India and Southeast Asia. Developed by High End Systems, the HedgeHog 4 is the newest member of the Hog family of consoles, which has long set the standard for lighting control products.
Featuring the familiar programming and command line interface and user-friendly ergonomic control surface that have made the Hog series so widely accepted by lighting professionals throughout the world, the HedgeHog 4 is a powerful, self-contained lighting controller with a built-in computer running Hog 4 OS software, the same software as all the other Hogs, and even comes with ArtNet and CITP capabilities.
The new console has a 12.1 touchscreen interface, two onboard DMX and four Art-Net universes, ten Playback Faders and many other outstanding features. Running on Linux, it is fast, stable and can load showfiles from any other Hog console in the range (and vice versa).
The HedgeHog 4 is the smallest in the Hog range yet possesses the flexibility and functionality to excel in a wide range of settings from nightclubs and corporate productions to churches, theaters and other small-to-mid-sized budget applications where lighting professionals require a proficient and ergonomic control surface. Compact and lightweight at only 17 lbs (7.7 kg), it is an easy one man carry and can easily be taken on a plane.
As part of its agreement with High End Systems, Elation will also be distributing the Nano Hog 4 lighting console. It features four onboard DMX universes or four Art-Net universes and is designed to be used with PCs running the well-known HOG 4 PC operating system.
“LDI was the ideal kick-off and we’ve already seen great interest in the console,” said Eric Loader, Director of Sales at Elation Lighting. “The feature set and power of the HedgeHog 4 is ideal for many of our customers’ applications and we are extremely pleased that we can offer them such a world-class lighting platform.”
- Robust Hog 4 Operating Software
- Unlimited number of simultaneous crossfades
- One internal 12-inch wide touch screen
- 4 encoders for an expanded wheelset
- Twelve User Keys
- Ten playback faders
- Two fixed universes of DMX 512 and up to 4 universes of DMX 512 over ArtNet or sACN
- Fixture-Net Ethernet connector
- Internal Solid State hard disk drive
- Two USB ports for Wholehog wings and other accessories
- One Desklight
- Auto-ranging mains input (100-240VAC)
- Dust cover included
- Optional Custom Road Case
- MIDI Input and Output, MIDI Show Control and MIDI Time Code via optional external widget
- Supports peripherial hardware
- 20.74” (526.8mm) wide by 21.83” (554.37mm) deep by 3.97” (100.78mm) high
- Weight: 17 lbs (7.7kg)