With the slogan “One World, One Dream” all nations were invited by the People’s Republic of China to the Summer Olympics 2008, officially known as the Games of the XXIX Olympiad. The Opening Ceremony has been held on August 8th in the Beijing National Stadium, – the “Bird’s Nest” – which can seat as many as 91,000 spectators. More than 2,300 DMX controlled fixtures transformed the stadium into a never before seen sea of lights.
Clay Paky Alpha Wash 1200 played a key role in colouring the various scenes for what will be remembered as one of the most spectacular, colourful and thrilling ceremonies of the beginning of this century.
“These are the Games of the records, so is the Opening Ceremony”, states
* Artistic director: Zhang Yimou.
* Lighting Designer: Sha Xiao Lan.
* Control system and broadcast lighting: Paul Collision.
* grandMA programmers: Feng Bin, Wu Guoquing and Huang Tao.
* Lighting assistants: Quan Xiaojie, Zhang Wei, Wang Zhiyi, Ma Jiebo and Wang Tong.
* Lighting production company: CCTV – Central China Television in conjunction with Quan Jiang, Shang Hai Televison, Gong Ti, Bei Ao, and Feng Shang Shi Ji.
* Technical realisation: ACE – Advanced Communication Equipment Co Ltd.