The XP10 is the first real plug ‘n’ play system for playing digital audio streams – making it a reality for DJs to carry all their playing equipment – including music – around in the average sized briefcase!
Available for just £339 inc VAT, when connected to a PC, the XP10 provides direct control over file playback and has the ability to “scratch” the digital audio stream via its 4.5 inch touch-sensitive vinyl emulation wheel. Just like vinyl and very latest CD players, tracks can be stopped with the fingers and the wheel can be used for cueing.
The XP10’s state-of-the-art features surpass those on all existing products, and the device introduces a new dimension and modus operandi for DJ’s of all genres. The XP10 controller is near-pocket sized and weights under 400 grams, but is packed with all the features found in larger, heavier DJ equipment.
The XP10s audio quality is truly ‘hi – fi’ in texture. With a signal-to-noise ratio of 105 dB or more (EIAJ), the XP10 easily beats any conventional high-end soundcard on quality.
XP10 connects to a PC via the USB port, and – as it’s connected via the bus – needs no external power supply. Audio outputs (RCA) are next to the USB connector – and no additional hardware needs installing inside the PC either!
XP10 is designed to work with EKS’s Bison software, but can be adapted to work with supported 3rd party software products through future MIDI compatibility and software development.
The XP10’s software can be downloaded free of charge for evaluation from the EKS website – www.lightfactor.co.uk.
To find out how to become a XP10 centre or contact, pop along to see Peter on Stand G40 at PLASA.
See and try the XP10 for yourself on stand G40 at PLASA.
XP10 Key features
* Vinyl Emulation via a 4½” touch sensitive wheel – enabling scratching, backspins etc,.
* Cue, Loop & Track Information stored automatically for each track
* Seamless Looping, with Loop In and Loop Out adjustment
* Instant Reverse
* Play list Creation and automated play
* Music Library with different sorting options
* Wave Display displays tracks waveform on the screen for faster cueing
XP10 Technical Specifications
* Frequency Response 4 Hz – 24 kHz
* Signal-to-Noise Ratio 105 dB (EIAJ)
* Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise 0.002% (EIAJ)
* Audio Output 10 V (peak-to-peak) 3.5 V (RMS)
* Power Requirements None (USB bus-powered)
* Power Consumption 100mA
* Dimensions (W x D x H) 140mm x 210mm x 25mm
* Weight 370 g
* Controls: 22 low-travel buttons
* 4½” touch sensitive wheel
* 100mm pitch slider
* Connectors: USB (connecting to PC)
* (For XP10) RCA audio outputs (stereo)
* PC (Laptop or Desktop) Requirements: 700 MHz or above processor
* (For Bison) 256MB memory
* Windows 2000/XP