The global event and entertainment industry is gearing up for the opening of Prolight + Sound Shanghai next week from 11 – 14 October. The four exhibition halls of N1 – N4 spanning 45,000 sqm of the Shanghai New International Expo Centre, will stage over 630 brands and companies from 23 countries and regions. Experts from various local and overseas associations will also address the latest innovative technologies in the fields of 3D audio, acoustics technology, AoIP, lighting design, studio recording, sound systems and event safety.
Now in its 15th edition, the fair will continue to feature a strong international presence with an unrivaled range of offerings. Participating brands include Audio-Technica, Beta-3, Concord, DGX, Eastern Edison, EM Acoustics, ENEWAVE, Fidek, Great Wall, Harman International, LaON, Lewitt, LiteLEES, NEXT-proaudio, Neutrik, Peavey, Prolyte, SE Audiotechnik, Shure, Soundking, TW Audio and YAMAHA. Newcomers to this edition also include: Antelope Audio, AV Link, BBS, BFC, Digisynthetic, Lavoce, LYNX, Restmoment, RME, Voice-Acoustic, ShowTex and Wanledi.
Ms Judy Cheung, Deputy General Manager for Messe Frankfurt (Shanghai) Co Ltd remarked: “Prolight + Sound Shanghai always has its finger on the pulse of times. Year by year, the show is growing – not only in size, but also in its internationality and offerings. I believe the key to our success lies in our understanding of the ever-evolving industry. This year, we’ve forged new partnerships with industry associations from Korea and Russia, and also launched two product zones for AV entertainment solutions and stage machinery. We’re confident these enhanced measures will reveal new technologies, market ideas and international perspectives for the event and entertainment industry.”
All-encompassing variety of products in distinctive product zones
Designed to fulfil specific market demands, new and expanded product zones will gather top suppliers to offer a wide array of recording and production equipment, AV entertainment solutions and stage machinery. Dedicated areas include:
- The Recording and Production Zone in Hall N1 will unveil a variety of output equipment, recording and monitoring equipment, audio processing equipment, as well as external and functional equipment.
- The debut of the AV Entertainment Solution Zone in Hall N2, will reveal entertainment solutions with KTV kiosks, mini theatres, karaoke servers, headphones, speakers and microphones. Attendees can also get hands-on experience on cutting-edge technologies in virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and 4D motion seats.
- Also newly launched is the Stage Machinery Technology Zone in Hall N4 to promote the use of credible stage products. There will be 20 stage machinery brands to showcase their truss, electric hoist, curtain and lift products and technologies.
Globally acclaimed experts to expound on latest industry trends
In addition to a comprehensive showcase of professional audio and lighting advancements, Prolight + Sound Shanghai is an invaluable platform to inquire about industry knowledge from experts and professionals. This is attributed to the joint efforts with numerous local and overseas associations and organisations, which include:
- China Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (CSMPTE)
- Japan Electronics Show Association (JES)
- Korea Broadcasting Equipment Industry Association (KOBEIA)
- National Association of Musical Instruments and Audio Manufacturers (ANAFIMA), Brazil
- Russian Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (RAAPA)
- Shanghai Municipal Administration Culture Radio Film & TV
- Taiwan Association of Theatre Technology (TATT)
- Thai Hotels Association (THA)
- The German Entertainment Technology Association (VPLT)
With the help of these prominent associations, an all-inclusive programme has been compiled to address prevailing and emerging trends that will shape the entertainment landscape. Highlights include:
- Hands on Rigging Workshop (12 October)
The workshop will demonstrate practical rigging techniques and safety measures during live events.
- VPLT International Audio Training Course – 3D Audio (12 October)
A prestigious line-up of experts from Full Dimension Multimedia, German Tonmeister’s Association (VDT) and Sennheiser will offer profound insights on the technologies and applications of 3D audio.
- Shanghai International Film and Television Technology Forum – Sound (IFTT) (12 – 13 October)
World-class leaders from AMS Neve, Dolby, E-Coustic Systems, Harman, LAWO, Sennheiser and Shure will introduce advanced concepts, products and technologies for recording and production in the realm of film, television and broadcasting. Topics on media convergence, multi-channel technology in 3D audio and IP technology will also be discussed.
Other exciting events also include:
- Dante Certification Training @ Shanghai
- The 8th National Music Mixing Contest Award & Launching Ceremony
- Vision X Network, a dynamic and interactive product presentation session
- Concert Sound Arena