Following the launch of the award-winning Christie® Pandoras Box and Widget Designer Version 6, a further upgrade, the Pandoras Box Octo Server, is being unveiled at Prolight + Sound in Germany (April 4-7, 2017). For the most demanding applications, this new hardware features increased output capabilities providing up to eight outputs at full-bandwidth without compromising performance. Now, Pandoras Box servers can provide a flexible output configuration with 1-8 independent outputs. Each output can be individually warped and blended, allowing for mixed resolution setups. All players and servers feature NVIDIA Quadro GPUs and Intel Xeon processors.
Together the Christie Pandoras Box Octo Server and Version 6 lets show controllers do more, quicker and easier. Just some of the benefits include:
- Increased connectivity – with up to eight outputs, manage even more displays from a single server.
- Amazing image quality – playback supports 4K uncompressed video at 60 fps.
- More choice – with the choice of 5 Performance Kit options, there’s a Pandoras Box solution to fit every need and budget.
- Increased storage – store up to two hours of 4K uncompressed video.
- The latest components – all Pandoras Box Servers and players have feature performance upgrades leveraging the latest components, including Intel Xeon processors and NVIDIA Quadro cards.
Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 features multi-user, simultaneous timeline editing, warping and content manipulation so multiple operators to work together on a single project in real-time. Widget Designer has also been improved with a completely redesigned HTML-5 user interface, a native HTML front end (including CSS styles) and animation and transition support for all pages and all widgets.
All Christie Pandoras Box Servers and Players have also undergone significant upgrades. Users now benefit from faster processing power, more memory, and expanded storage for a high-performance hardware platform that handles the most demanding show requirements.
“The new Octo server is a powerful workhorse delivering eight outputs from a single system, while maintaining the flexibility to allow each server to be configured to order by choosing the desired performance tier. This allows each server to be configured for the specific needs of the customer and addresses different budget requirements. When combined with Pandoras Box version 6, you truly have a dependable professional class media server,” concluded Joel St-Denis, product manager, Christie.